Collect and display information about the Issue from stakeholders, and other people who have published relevant information.
Meaningful Research involves collecting information from a broad range of credible sources. Proper research also involves an element of independent thinking, but must always involve exterior sources of information. We should organise what we are learning so that other people can understand what we are talking about.
* We should always be able to link back to the original sources of information through referencing.
• Learn about how the product has been improved, and adapted over time. + What changed? + What stayed the same?We must:
• Use various information sources to build understanding about how existing developments can be improved –
• Explore ways to make processes more efficient and reliable.
• Collect information about the practices of others who are involved in the type of service that we are working to improve.
• Find out about systems that have been developed in the same field (learn about their successes and failures).
• Investigate the economic influences that affect developments (profit & loss, materials used, manufacturing processes, sustainability, durability, etc).
• Gather information about similar technologies, and the environments that they function in.
• Understand the history of similar businesses; showing how past developments influence current and future markets.
• Consider how the location of the business affects product distribution and services offered.
• Understand what had to be considered to develop and offer the technology in a marketplace –
+ What knowledge, machinery, equipment, and resources were used to create the technology?
+ What physical resources and non-material resources [such as software, money, etc] were used?
• Examine the geographical location of the company, and think about how this affects production and distribution.
• Consider the surrounding cultural & political factors involved in your developments.
• Map out the processes that take place in the business, or system from start to finish.